Tuesday, January 14, 2014

North Pole Tilda Loving Snow


Greetings!

Hello Dear Readers,

Today, I would love to share with you another card I've recently completed. I fell in love with this adorable North Pole Tilda from the 2013 Winter Wonderland Collection. I got my stamp at Magnolia-licious. Diana is currently out of this particular stamp, but there are a few others in this collection that would also work well. You might want to try these:

Cozy Christmas Tilda,

In the Snow Heart Tilda,

In the Snow Scarf Tilda.

Diana does have these in stock. Be sure to check out the new Memory Box Dies that Magnolia-licious has in stock.

Here is my card:





I began by cutting the trees and inking the edges in one of my favorite colors, Antique Pewter. Next, I added Stickles to the branches and trunks in small segments just to add sparkle. Some of the trees have been elevated using foam strips.

The snow was made from torn strips which I ran through a texture roller. You can see some of the design on the left side by the flower cluster. There are three strips of snow. Each one is at a different elevation using pop dots and strips. I added the Stickles to the torn edges. A few fern branches were punched from green cardstock and tucked into the snow.

Tilda is also on pop dots as well. She's been colored with watercolors and then accentuated using Inktense pencils. I printed the sentiment on my computer and stamped around it using Magnolia Thought Bubbles. I also made the little snowman by piecing him together. His eyes are tiny black pearls while his arms are thin wires that have been twisted and splayed open at the ends to resemble fingers. The snowman is also on pop dots. There is a hidden tag on the front attached to the ribbon. The gorgeous papers are Pion.

I think that about covers it. The inside is also finished using additional Pion papers. I wish Pion was easier to get here in The States.

I would like to remind you that you have two chances to win a little somethin', somethin'. If you leave a comment below, I will pick a name which will be posted on January 28 when I post the next challenge. The winner will get a special thank you gift from me.

Also, if you leave a comment below AND on any other DT Member's post for this challenge, your name will go into a draw to receive a special gift from Diana. I know that Diana gives amazing gifts, so give it a go!

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you will come back soon! I have more cards coming!

XO,

Chris

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:


Marvelous Magnolia - Lovely Lace #59 - ends 1/22

Time for Magnolia Challenge - #43 - Inspired by a song Walking Through a Winter Wonderland - ends 1/16

Totally Tilda - #87 - Anything Goes - ends 1/18

Fashionista #5 - Anything Goes - ends 1/31

Inky Chicks - #20 - Anything Goes - ends 1/18

Oozak - Anything Goes/Blue Tones #29 - ends 1/14

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is just gorgeous Chris, I love the pretty scene you've created, the trees are awesome, nice work my friend
Hugs Julie P

Suzi Mac said...

Oh my word!! Chris!!! this is so precious, the detailing and work you've put into the creating is fabulous. A stunning card dear friend. Hugs Suzi x

Karen said...

Oh Chris, this is a piece of art at it finest! Love it!

Christina C. said...

WOW...this is absolutely gorgeous!!!!

RenateKreativ said...

Stunning card, Love it.
Hugs Renate

Barb Hardeman said...

Chrissy, what a wonderful winter wonderland scene you've created here. The different dimensions and layers speaks to your commitment to perfection. Love this card and all the creative touches you've put into it! Hugs...Barb

Céline said...

so so pretty card, love the cute little scene
thanks for playing with us at fashionista
hugs
céline

Samantha Casey said...

Love this scene you made! Amazing job! Thanks for playing the Oozak Challenge!
-Samantha

Janie Printz said...

Be still my HEART !!!! Chris this is truly a work of art. Each layer & element added to create the look of dimension & it's like you are right THERE in the scene with Tilda. Love the trees, the snow & that cute little Red Cardinal. Most of all I LOVE Tilda !!!
Hugs, Janie

NPurdum56 said...

This is adorable! I love those trees and the snowman! The greeting is perfect! Tilda is a cutie! Nancee :)

Cathy Lee said...

Stunning winter scene, Chris. I love all the beautiful elements. It makes me feel like I'm right there in the woods with Tilda. :) Gorgeous design, sweet play on words for the sentiment and your coloring is fabulous as always.
Hugz,
Cath

Anonymous said...

Amazing! Love all the details!

Patti Jo said...

Love it Chris!!! Wonderful scene you've created and just so adorable too! Beautiful work as always!

Doreen Horats, Clayton said...

Love the background tree's. You always do an excellent job on your beautiful cards.
Hugs Doreen

rovianne said...

This is gorgeous!

Christa said...

It is a very beautiful card for our challenge " Inspired by a song ".
Thank you for joining us at TFM this time.
Christa.

Christy Designs said...

Gorgeous creation Chris !!!! Love the scene you've created with beautiful detail.
Hugs,
Christy

stampingwithpeggie.blogspot.com said...

Fabulous card! Love the scene!

EnblogSail said...

What a beautiful scene! Lovely card!
Caryl

Karen said...

Your card is gorgeous! Just love the beautiful scene you created.

Karen

cathylynn said...

You put together an awesome scene! Great colors too! Great job!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Laura said...

LOVE THIS CARD! It's so happy and wintery and I love all your details. Especially how beautifully you colored up that shivering Tilda.

Kelly said...

Your creativity is amazing! I love the woods and snowman in your scene. Tilda is sweet!! Gorgeous and a delight to look at!
Hugs Kelly

Cathy Lee said...

I am in love with this card, Chris. Edwin is so adorable and that background is perfect for him. What a tremendous scene. So country cowboyish. :)
Hugz,
Cath

Diane said...

Fabulous winter scene Chris, with all the fun layers and items.

Hugs diane